When you want a mild, fragrant curry that the younger members of your family can enjoy this slow cooker chicken korma curry hits the spot.
Enriched with coconut milk, and aromatic spices, this super creamy curry is a deliciously comforting meal.
Ground almonds help to thicken the Korma but should you still find it a little too juicy then cornflour could be added.
Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken Korma
Time to prepare: 10mins
Time to cook: 6 hours on low or 3 hours on high
1 tbsp butter
4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs cut into bitesize pieces
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
3 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp ground coriander
1 cinnamon stick
½ tsp of chilli powder
50g ground almonds
250ml coconut milk
120ml boiling chicken stock
½ tbsp tomato puree
75ml single cream
1-2 tbsp fresh lime or lemon juice
1 tsp grated rind of a lime or lemon
1 tbsp garam masala
salt and ground black pepper
Rice and/or Poppadums to serve.
- If necessary grease the slow cooker pot with butter.
- Switch the slow cooker to high
- In a bowl mix together cumin, coriander, ground almonds, chilli powder, coconut milk, stock, and tomato pureé. Give it a good stir.
- In the pot place the onions, garlic and chicken.
- Pour the coconut, spice mixture and cinnamon stick over the chicken.
- Cover with the lid and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours. When chicken is cooked and tender stir the cream, garam masala, citrus juice, and rind into the curry and cook on high for 30 minutes
- Check curry is cooked through. Add salt & pepper to taste. Remove the cinnamon stick.
- Serve immediately with rice and poppadums.
If you liked this slow cooker recipe you may like to have a look at the collection of other recipes, tips, and advice here.
Thanks for reading and happy cooking.