Serve these for a seasonal afternoon treat with a cold glass of milk. They combine the warm Christmas sweet spice flavours with a soft oaty cookie texture. Makes approximately 20.
CHRISTMAS MINCEMEAT COOKIES
125g butter, softened
85g soft brown sugar
1 medium egg, lightly beaten
150g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
110g porridge oats
Granulated brown sugar for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 180c (fan 160c)
- Line a baking sheet
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and continue beating until incorporated and the mixture is smooth.
- In a separate bowl measure flour, baking powder and porridge oats together. Fold these dry ingredients into the butter bowl.
- Finally fold in the mincemeat
- Using spoons drop even sized spoonfuls of mixture onto the tray. Press down with fingers.
- Sprinkle with granulated brown sugar
- Cook for 10-12 minutes. Remove and cool on cooling rack.
Welcome lovely reader.
I’m Clare and thank you so much for visiting Grubby Little Faces. I'm a messy, creative lifestyle blogger based in Wiltshire, UK. I have a passion for creating, baking, cooking, gardening, home decorating, and eating. Basically anything that gets me a bit grubby. I hope you enjoy having a look around my corner of the internet.